Medical Supply Hurricane Preparedness
Well South Florida, it looks like another hurricane is heading our way! Atlantic Healthcare Products has weathered many storms including hurricanes for the past 20 years and we can help. When it comes to medical supplies and equipment, it is important for you to know how to prepare the best you can for any upcoming natural emergency.
In addition to general hurricane supplies like water, batteries, flashlights, and canned foods, we must not forget other things that we rely so desperately.... your medical supplies!! We have compiled a quick reference list for you on medical items to help you prepare.
List of Medical Items to Help You Prepare
- Wheelchair, scooter, or motorized wheelchair rental for evacuation
- Portable Ramps (you can rent these too) to roll into homes with steps and thresholds
- Batteries for motorized equipment- Make sure your scooters and motorized wheelchairs are fully charged. If they do not hold a charge, consider replacing the battery
- Nebulizers- A portable nebulizer that is battery operated is essential to use while the electricity is out. Remember that early prescription refills are permitted under a state of emergency.
- CPAP- Portable CPAP units with a battery
- Incontinent Supplies such as underpads, pull ups, or diapers- make sure you have several day supply
- Bedside commode - This versatile item can be used on its own beside the bed, or also be used to elevate a standard toilet in someone else's home.
- Stocked First Aid Kit - Band-Aids, Gauze, tape, scissors
This list is not all-inclusive, but we hope it gives you a good idea of some items you may need to include in your hurricane preparedness plan. Atlantic Healthcare Products wishes only the best for our customers. Please contact us for any additional questions or needs you may have in your quest to prepare at www.atlantichp.com or call us direct. Be sure to STAY SAFE!